If you have ever tried an ice cream sandwich, then you know how delicious and refreshing they are during the summer months. Once I figured out how to infuse them with cannabis, I couldn’t get enough! Learning how to make a weed ice cream sandwich is simple and anyone can do it.
This article will teach you how to easily make a weed ice cream sandwich at home! We also have a potency calculator at the bottom of this post to help you calculate the potency of your homemade edibles. Make sure to check it out!
Here is What You Will Need
To make this edible, there is one main ingredient you probably won’t find in your kitchen. That ingredient is cannabis butter. Don’t worry though. We have already made a comprehensive beginner’s guide on how to make cannabis butter at home. The guide also includes a potency calculator at the bottom of the article. You can use this calculator to find the potency of your cannabis butter!
Weed Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Weed Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- 2 1/4 Cups Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Hot Water
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
Making the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the cannabis butter, white sugar, and packed brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water, then add to the batter along with the salt. Finally, stir in the all-purpose flour, chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts.
- Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are browned. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Preparing the Ice Cream
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Scoop the ice cream into 12 balls (roughly 3 tablespoons per ball) and spread evenly on the prepared cookie sheet. Cover the ice cream balls with another sheet of parchment paper. Gently press down until they fit the width of the cookies. If the ice cream starts to melt, put it in the freezer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Making the Sandwiches
- Place the flattened ice cream ball in between the two cookies. Serve immediately or wrap with plastic, parchment paper, or foil and freeze for later.
Another Method to Making a Weed Ice Cream Sandwich
There is also another easy way to make weed ice cream sandwiches. This method requires cannabis-infused ice cream. If you don’t have this or want to learn how to make it, we already wrote a comprehensive guide on how to do it.
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis edibles at your disposal!
To make the infused ice cream sandwich, the steps are the exact same as the recipe found above, but instead of making cannabis-infused cookies and adding ice cream, you do the opposite! Make normal cookies then combine them with the infused ice cream! It’s as simple as that!
Weed Ice Cream Sandwich Potency Guide
To find and calculate the potency of your homemade edible ice cream sandwiches, you will need to find the potency of your cannabis butter. If you haven’t already calculated the potency of your cannabis butter, head over to our cannabis butter article by clicking here. Scroll down to the bottom of the post, you will find a calculator that you can use to estimate the potency of your infused butter.
An important thing to note is that it is no easy process to measure the potency of edibles. There are many variables involved meaning there is room for error. Some of the variables include the amount of cannabis used to make the infusion, the exact percentage of THC in the cannabis used, and the number of cannabinoids lost in the infusion process.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways where the estimate will go wrong and a mistake made at the start will be carried through. It’s important to understand that the potency calculator is just to help you estimate the potency.
This potency calculator was specifically made for this recipe. All you need to do is input the total mg of THC in 1 cup of your cannabis butter and the number of servings you made. The calculator is programmed to take into account the 1/2 cup of cannabis butter used for this recipe.
Jake Randall is a journalist, author, and student with expertise in all things cannabis (especially edibles), along with knowledge in economics, the environment, and everything in between. Originally from Canada, Jake has taken on the role of a senior cannabis correspondent at The Cannabis School.