If you enjoy baking, and you enjoy cannabis, this recipe is for you! These cannabis-infused pumpkin spice cupcakes are an old fashion recipe infused with cannabis.
Before we start, there are a few ingredients that you won’t find in your cupboard. You’re going to need either cannabis milk or cannabis butter. You can use both if you’d like, but make sure to check the potency guide further down in this article.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Muffin Tray
- Muffin Liners *Optional
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Electric mixer
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis Butter, softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Cannabis Milk
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
Cannabis-Infused Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup Cannabis Butter, softened
- 3 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners. Sift together the flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, allspice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- Mix together the fats and sugars. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in colour. Add the add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Stir in the cannabis milk and pumpkin puree. Stir in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting by beating the cream cheese and 1/4 cannabis butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar a little at a time until incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon; beat until fluffy. Once the cupcakes are cool, frost with the cream cheese icing.
Potency Guide to Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
The potency of the cannabis-infused pumpkin spice cupcakes will depend entirely on the potency of the cannabis butter and cannabis milk. It’s important to remember that if you don’t accurately know the THC percentage of your butter or milk, your potency calculation is going to be way off.
The calculator is already adjusted for the amount of butter and milk this recipe calls for. So, all you need to do is type the amount of THC there is in 1 cup of your own butter and milk.
Ryan is a content manager at thecannaschool.ca who has a background in economics. Ryan specializes in making cannabis edibles at home but loves to write about all things cannabis!