This article will teach you how to make a delicious gluten free weed cake that is basic, simple, and super versatile. Use this recipe to make cakes, cupcakes, or anything else you have in mind.
There is a potency calculator at the bottom of this article. We recommend calculating the potency of the edibles prior to making the recipe. Then you can adjust and alter the recipe until you find a dosage that fits your preferences.
Here is What You’ll Need
The main ingredient this recipe calls for is cannabis-infused milk. Learning how to make this activated ingredient is much easier then it seems. Click here to read our comprehensive guide to making cannabis milk.
This recipe also requires white rice flour. We’ve found that using superfine white rice flour from the Asian market works best. The white rice flour we used was from Thailand.
This recipe also requires some equipment:
Gluten Free Weed Cake Dosage Guide
The benefit of making homemade edibles is you can control the potency! This means that you can alter the recipe so each serving has the amount of THC you want. Use the calculator at the bottom of this recipe to find a dosage you like.
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis edibles at your disposal!
If you need to lower the potency, you can substitute some regular milk in the place of cannabis milk. To increase the potency, make your cannabis milk more potent (if you haven’t already made it).
Another alternative is to divide the cake into smaller pieces (more servings). Therefore the smaller serving size would decrease the overall potency. If you wanted to increase the potency you can divide the gluten free cake into larger portions (less servings).
Gluten Free Weed Cake Recipe
Gluten Free Weed Cake
- Two 9-inch Round Cake Pans
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 3/4 cups thai white rice flour superfine rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cannabis milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the white rice flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture, cannabis milk and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, they are done. Allow the cake to cool completely before adding any frosting.
- make sure your baking powder is gluten free
- we recommend using superfine rice flour (thai), this will make the texture much better.
- layer with chocolate or white icing, strawberries and whipped cream, etc.
We recommend that you adjust and play around with the calculator prior to making the gluten free weed cake. If you are looking for a specific dosage, you can alter the recipe to fit your needs.
To calculate the potency of the infused cake, you need to know the potency of your cannabis milk. If you need to calculate the potency of your cannabis milk, head over to our cannabis milk guide. There is a calculator at the bottom of that article, use that to estimate the potency of your activated ingredient.
Jake Randall is a journalist, author, and student with expertise in all things cannabis (especially edibles), along with knowledge in economics, the environment, and everything in between. Originally from Canada, Jake has taken on the role of a senior cannabis correspondent at The Cannabis School.