Some of the most popular cannabis edibles out there are weed gummy bears. This is because of the simplicity of the recipe and how quickly they can be made.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make cannabis edibles, but don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. This article is going to cover every aspect of making weed gummy bears.
This recipe is going to require around 40 – 55 minutes.
What You’re Going to Need
Before we get into the ingredients and directions, we’re going to need a few things:
- Cooking Pot
- Plain unflavored gelatine
- 1 pack of flavoured gelatin/jello mix (85g)
- 1/2 teaspoon sunflower/ soy lecithin (Optional)
- Gummy bear mould
- Cannabis-infused coconut oil CBD or THC (coconut oil, solid at room temperature)
We use organic coconut oil when we make our infusion. Here’s a link to the refined coconut oil that we use.
If you don’t have cannabis-infused coconut oil, we have a comprehensive guide to making it here.
Weed Gummy Bears Recipe
- Cooking Pot
- Gummy Bear Moulds
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil (Refined coconut oil, solid at room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 85 Grams Packet of Flavoured Gelatine *One Jell-o Pack
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Unflavoured Gelatine (20 Grams)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sunflower / Soy Lecithin (liquid lecithin) (Optional)
- Turn your stove on low heat. In a pot, add water, the cannabis-infused coconut oil, and the sunflower/soy lecithin.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it has a consistent texture and the coconut oil has completely melted. Now, add in the flavoured gelatin and the unflavoured gelatin while continuing to stir throughout this process.
- Whisk extensively on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Make sure it does not come to a boil. But, you need to make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. (Don't stop stirring this mixture for the entire 15 minutes)
- While leaving the pot on the element, start filling up the gummy bear moulds with a dropper (a dropper is a mini turkey baster that comes with most gummy bear moulds). Make sure to move quickly. If your liquid starts to separate, it's because the mixture has started to cool. It's critical that you move fast otherwise the oil may separate in the pot. You need to continue whisking throughout the pouring process otherwise the mixture may start to harden and stop binding. (The secret to making great infused gummy bears is pouring the mixture into the moulds as fast as possible.)
- Put the gummy bear moulds into the freezer for 20-25 minutes. (Pro tip: lift the mould 2 inches off the table and drop it. This will let the mixture fill any air pockets.)
- Bon Appetite!
The strength of gummy bears will depend on the potency of your cannabis-infused coconut oil. It’s also important to remember that gummy bear moulds are all different shapes and sizes so it is going to be difficult to accurately find your potency. Luckily, we have a calculator here to help you find your potency per serving.
Potency Guide to Weed Gummy Bears
When it comes to the potency of your homemade edibles, it’s hard to determine just how potent they really are. We have created a dosage calculator to help estimate the potency of the homemade weed gummy bears. To get an accurate measurement, you will need to know the potency of the cannabis-infused coconut oil first. You can find the dosage calculator for the coconut oil at the bottom of that recipe – click here to find that calculator.
Once you know the potency of your cannabis-infused coconut oil, you can input it into this dosage calculator below. Keep in mind, this is just a rough estimate. Also if you make an error in the calculation at the start, it will carry through until the end.
If those directions were hard to follow, check out this video. We have our own video for gummy bears being filmed right now, so stay tuned for an in-depth recipe video in the near future.
If you’re looking for more awesome cannabis recipes and content, check out our cook cannabis category. These include a variety of comprehensive recipes such as desserts, dinners, snacks, vegan recipes, and much more! Click here to learn more!