Some of the most popular cannabis edibles out there are weed gummy bears. This is because of the simplicity of the recipe and how quickly they can be made.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make cannabis edibles, but don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. This article is going to cover every aspect of making weed gummy bears.
This recipe is going to require around 30 – 45 minutes.
What you’re going to need
Before we get into the ingredients and directions, we’re going to need a few things:
- Cooking pot
- Plain unflavored gelatine
- 1 pack of flavoured gelatin/jello mix (85g)
- Gummy bear mould
- Cannabis infused coconut oil (CBD or THC)
If you don’t have cannabis infused coconut oil, we have a comprehensive guide to making it here.
Weed gummy bear Ingredients
½ cup cold water
2 tbs or 20g of plain unflavoured gelatine
85g packet of flavoured gelatine
½ cup of cannabis infused coconut oil
The strength of gummy bears will depend on the potency of your cannabis infused coconut oil. It’s also important to remember that gummy bear moulds are all different shapes and sizes so it is going to be difficult to accurately find your potency. Luckily, we have a calculator here to help you find your potency per serving.
Potency guide to weed gummy bears
- turn stove on low heat. add water, cannabis infused coconut oil, unflavoured gelatine, and flavoured gelatine to the pot.
- Whisk on low heat for 5-10 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes. Then, pour the mixture into the gummy bear moulds.
- Put the gummy bear mould into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
If those directions were hard to follow check out this video.