Thank the bees for this delicious cannabis edible. Cannabis-infused honey is one of the latest crazes in the cannabis edible industry. This versatile weed edible is perfect for everybody! The possibilities are endless with this awesome mixture.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Honey
This is by far one of the easiest edible recipes to make! Cannabis-infused honey only requires two ingredients. I bet you can guess what they are… Cannabis and Honey!
Here is step by step instructions on how to make weed honey!
What you’re going to need to make weed honey
- Double Boiler
- Oven Safe Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Cheesecloth/ Strainer
- Jar to store the honey (or reuse honey container)
- Double boiler
- Oven Safe Tray
- Parchment Paper
- 3.5 Grams Decarboxylated Cannabis *You can use more or less to increase/decrease the potency*
- 1 Cup Honey
- Decarboxylate cannabis first. On an oven tray covered with parchment paper, spread cannabis nugs. Place in the oven for 30-60 minutes at 240F. Every 10-15 minutes mix the nugs to equally distribute the heat.
- Mix together decarboxylated cannabis and honey in a double boiler on top of the stovetop. Apply heat slowly. *Do not let cannabis/honey mixture get to a full boil.*
- Maintain the low heat and let the mixture simmer for up to one hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Set a funnel on top of a jar (used for storing the honey). Line it with cheesecloth or put strainer overtop. Once the mixture has cooled pour it through the funnel.
- Now you can enjoy your cannabis-infused honey! Store it in a cool dark place for up to 1-2 months.
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis edibles at your disposal!
We recommend LEVO Infusion Machines and Ardent Cannabis Infusion Machines, which are two of the most widely used devices on the market. Use code CANNASCHOOL at checkout for 10% OFF!
How to dose your cannabis-infused honey
Always start small when trying to dose your edibles for the first time. The potency will be different with everyone making the recipe so always ease into it. Start with approx 1/2 teaspoon and wait an hour and a half. Then take more or less to fit your preferences. Once you find the sweet spot you will know exactly how much you need for now on.
Jake Randall is a journalist, author, and student with expertise in all things cannabis (especially edibles), along with knowledge in economics, the environment, and everything in between. Originally from Canada, Jake has taken on the role of a senior cannabis correspondent at The Cannabis School.
4 thoughts on “How to Make Weed Honey – Cannabis-Infused Honey Recipe”
LOVE THIS. THANK YOU.
This recipe made delightful infused honey. The strength was so that I’d take a half tablespoon per dose, or more. Satisfying treat, and economical.
Great mixed with peanut butter on toast, just as regular honey is!
Instead of a double boiler I used two compatible saucepans stacked, the bottom holding an inch of water. Probably not safe and will look into finding a double boiler as soon as possible.