If you’re looking for some great new cannabis edibles to add to your collection, weed tacos are a great place to start! This delicious recipe takes 45 minutes from start to finish & makes 12 tacos.
If you’re just skimming this post, or you’re printing and saving for later, make sure to check out the potency calculator near the bottom. It will help you determine the total mg of THC per serving.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
To make weed tacos, you’re going to need cannabis butter. Unfortunately, this not an ordinary ingredient that you can buy at your local grocery store, you’re going to need to make this at home. Luckily, we have a comprehensive guide to making cannabis butter here.
You’re also going to need some equipment:
Weed Tacos Recipe
- Medium Skillet
- small saucepan
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2/3 cup water
- 12 taco shells (hard or soft shells)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cannabis butter
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the ground beef while breaking it up as it cooks. Do this until the ground beef is fully cooked, around 10-15 minutes. Drain all of the grease
- Turn the heat to low and add the cannabis butter. While the cannabis butter is melting add in the taco seasoning. Stir constantly. Continue stirring until the seasoning has been fully incorporated.
- Mash the refried beans with the water in a small saucepan. Heat the refried beans over low heat until simmering.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place the crisp taco shells on a baking sheet, and warm them in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- To build the tacos, spread each taco shell with about 2 tablespoons of heated refried beans. Spread about 2 tablespoons of ground beef along the bottom of the crisp shell, and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded Cheddar cheese on top of the meat. (Make sure you are not straining the melted butter when doing this) Top the cheese with shredded lettuce, a sprinkle of chopped tomato and onion, and a tbsp (or more) of sour cream
Weed Tacos Potency Calculator
To find the potency of your tacos, you’re going to need to know the potency of your cannabis butter. If you don’t know this, head over to our cannabutter guide. We have a calculator at the bottom of that post that will help you determine the total mg of THC per cup.
Although this recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of cannabis butter, please type the total mg of THC in 1 cup of your cannabis butter. This calculator has been programmed specifically for this recipe & it will make the correct calculation.