Learning how to make a weed lava cake was a gamechanger for me. If you’ve never eaten an edible that tastes like something out of a fancy restaurant, now you can! The best part; this recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
Make sure to check out the potency guide at the end of this post as it will help you calculate the potency per serving.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
There’s only one ingredient in this recipe that you can’t find at your local supermarket. That ingredient is cannabis butter and you’re going to need to make this at home. Luckily, we have a comprehensive guide to making it here.
You’re also going to need some equipment
Weed Lava Cake Recipe
- 4 six-ounce ramekins
- Electric mixer
- Double boiler
- 1/2 cup cannabis butter
- 6 & 1/2 1 oz squares semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour four 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place chocolate and cannabis butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Mix in melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and flour until combined. Pour batter into the prepared ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sides are set but the middle is still jiggly, 10 to 13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Weed Lava Cake Potency Guide
To find the potency of your lava cake, you’re going to need to know the potency of your cannabis butter. If you don’t know this, head over to our cannabutter guide. We have a calculator at the bottom of this guide that will help you.