Mexican food happens to be my favourite type of cuisine. For this reason, I had to find a way to infuse it with cannabis. I present to you: weed fajitas. This delicious edible recipe takes 1 hour from start to finish and serves 8.
Make sure to check out the potency calculator further down in this post. It will help you determine the total mg of THC per serving.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
To make cannabis-infused fajitas, you’re going to need cannabis butter. This is an ingredient that you won’t find at your local supermarket, you’re going to need to make this at home. Luckily, we have a comprehensive guide to making cannabis butter here.
You’re also going to need some equipment
Weed Fajitas Recipe
- 9×13 glass baking dish
- cooking spray
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 8 tbsp cannabis butter
- 1 (1 ounce) package fajita seasoning
- 2 pounds chicken breast skinless, boneless, and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread red bell peppers and onion in the baking dish.
- Coat chicken strips with a few pinches of the fajita seasoning mix. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir seasoned chicken until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in the baking dish with bell peppers and onion; top with remaining fajita seasoning mix and vegetable oil. Stir until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through baking, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. While they’re still warm, spread 1 tbsp of cannabis butter on each one.
- Spoon chicken mixture into each tortilla and top with sour cream, salsa, and cheese.
Weed Fajitas Potency Calculator
To find the potency of your fajitas, you’re going to need to know the potency of your cannabis butter. If you don’t already know this, head over to our cannabutter guide. We have a calculator near the bottom of that post that will help you determine the total mg of THC per cup.
Although this recipe calls for 8 tbsp of cannabis butter, please type the total mg of THC in 1 cup of your cannabis butter. This calculator has been programmed specifically for this recipe & it will make the correct calculation.