What is a Cannabis Tincture?
Cannabis tinctures are an alcohol-based cannabis extract that is very potent. This edible is most commonly known as green or golden dragon. These oils are very potent and have a variety of medicinal and therapeutic benefits. The long shelf life and small dosage requirements make it a great alternative to regular consumption methods like smoking.
How to use Cannabis Tincture Oils
These oils are very potent and require minimal amounts to get the correct dose. Start with approximately 1mL under your tongue. If you feel like you need more, double the dose. Keep doing this till you feel the desired effects.
When taking the oil under your tongue, the arterial blood supply absorbs the THC very rapidly. This onsets the effects much faster than regular consumption. You can still eat or drink it but it will be digested through your liver which takes much longer.
How to Store Cannabis Tinctures
Tinctures can last for many years if stored in the correct location. This allows people to make large quantities at once without worrying about them going bad.
The best place to store them is in a relatively cool, dark, and dry location.
How to Make Green Dragon Cannabis Tincture
The best part about tinctures is you don’t need much to make them at all. No kitchen required! All you need is a glass jar with a lid, a strainer, high-proof alcohol, and of course the cannabis being used to make it.
What You Need to Make Weed Tinctures
This is a fairly straight forward recipe. There are only a few items you need to be able to make this edible recipe at home!
- High Proof Alcohol (Preferably Everclear)
- Decarboxaylted Cannabis Product
- Large Glass Mason Jars
- Coffee Filter or Cheesecloth
- Dropper Bottles
Here are 5 Steps to Making Cannabis Tinctures
- Decorboxyloate your cannabis: Put cannabis in the oven for 30 – 60 minutes at 240 F.
- Mix the cannabis into the glass jar, full but not packed. With the high proof alcohol (preference of ever clear) fill the jar up.
- Close the lid of the jar and let it settle for a few weeks while shaking it at least once per day.
- After 3-4 weeks filter the mix through a coffee filter or cheesecloth into another mason jar. Now you’re ready to try your oil!
- Pour the liquid into one of your tincture bottles for ease of use. Then use the dropper to consume your product!
- Tip: Start at 1mL and work your way up. This stuff is very potent so know your limits!
NOTE: The amount of cannabis and alcohol you need to use is all based on how much tincture oil you are trying to produce!