The popularity of CBD infused recipes has been on the rise. The reason they’re becoming popular is that people need to dose their CBD on-the-go or just want to enjoy the taste of it. Another reason for the popularity is that CBD recipes provide the medicinal and therapeutic properties of cannabis without the psychoactive effects. This article will teach you how to make CBD brownies right at home.
Before you make this recipe, we recommend scrolling to the bottom of this article. You will find a potency calculator that you can use to calculate and find a dosage you want. Do this prior to making the recipe so you know how potent each serving will be! This will help you properly dose your homemade CBD brownies.
Here is What You Will Need
This recipe contains one ingredient you probably won’t find in your kitchen or at the grocery store. That ingredient is CBD butter. Don’t worry though, CBD butter can easily be made at home in just a few minutes. We already wrote a comprehensive CBD butter guide that will teach you how to make it here.
CBD Brownies Recipe
- 9×13 Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowls
- Wire Rack
- 1 Cup CBD Butter *Melted
- 3 Cups White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Then lightly grease the 9×13 inch baking dish or line it with aluminum foil. This will ensure the brownies do not stick to the pan.
- Next in a large mixing bowl combine the melted CBD butter, sugar, and vanilla. Then beat in the 4 eggs one at a time while thoroughly mixing after each one. Ensure the mixture is well blended.
- Now using a separate mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Once it is sifted together, gradually stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until its well blended.
- Stir in the cup of chocolate chips.
- Now once the batter has been thoroughly blended, spread it into the prepared 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven. To check when the CBD brownies are done, insert a toothpick into the centre and if it comes out clean they're ready (can easily pull out), usually 35-40 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool off before dividing it up into the desired serving sizes.
CBD Brownies Potency Guide
We recommend calculating the potency of your homemade edibles prior to making them. You will need to know the amount of CBD in 1 cup of your butter to find the potency of your CBD brownies. If you need to find this number, check out our CBD butter guide. The potency calculator you will need is at the bottom of that article. Use that calculator to find the potency of your CBD butter.
We recommend that you use this potency calculator prior to making the brownies. That way you will be able to adjust the recipe so each brownie contains the amount of CBD you want. If you want the brownies to have more CBD, just make them larger or increase the potency of your CBD butter. If you want the brownies to have less CBD, just make them smaller or decrease the potency of your CBD butter.