Infusing foods and snacks with CBD is becoming more and more popular. This is because people want the therapeutic effects of cannabis, without the psychoactive high. Learning how to make CBD rice krispies treats was a game-changer. They are quick and simple to make, and are perfect to snack on whenever you like!
Here is What You Will Need
To make CBD rice krispies, there is one ingredient you most likely will not have in your kitchen. This ingredient is CBD isolate. If you don’t have this and need to purchase it, here is the company we have been using:
How to Make CBD Infused Butter
CBD isolate is used to make CBD infused butter. To make this recipe you will need to make CBD infused butter. It’s very simple to make if you have the isolate and it’s ready in just a few minutes!
Step 1: Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat on low and add the butter to the top half of the double boiler.
Step 2: After the butter has melted, add the CBD isolate. Stir for a couple of minutes until the isolate is thoroughly combined with the butter. You want to ensure it is mixed evenly throughout. Make sure the butter never comes to a boil.
We recommend you calculate the potency prior to making the recipe. First, measure the mg of CBD isolate you are going to use when infusing it with the butter. The package the CBD comes in should have serving guides and directions to do this.
Another way to easily measure your dosage is by using a scale. Aim to use a minimum of 0.1g which is equivalent to 100mg of CBD. If you want to use less, just split that pile into two, that will give you 50mg of CBD.
We also have a potency calculator at the bottom of this post that you can use to help calculate the dosage you want!
CBD Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- Sauce Pan
- Stir Stick
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- CBD isolate
CBD Infused Butter
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat on low and add the butter to the top half of the double boiler.
- After the butter has melted, add the CBD isolate. Stir for a couple of minutes until the isolate is thoroughly combined with the butter. You want to ensure it is mixed evenly throughout. Make sure the butter never comes to a boil.
- Add the melted CBD infused butter into a saucepan over low heat.
- Add in the miniature marshmellows and stir until melted and blended together. Cook two minutes longer, while stirring the mixture constantly.
- Add the rice krispies cereal in. Stir until the cereal is well-coated.
- With a buttered spatula, press the mixture firmly and evenly into a 9×13-inch pan.
- Once cooled, cut into even-sized squares.
CBD Rice Krispies Potency Guide
When calculating the potency of your homemade CBD rice krispies edibles, it’s fairly straight forward. All you need to do is measure the mg of CBD isolate you are going to use when infusing the butter. The package the CBD comes in should have serving guides and instructions. You can use these to precisely calculate the amount of CBD being using.
The potency calculator below will help you calculate and find a dosage you like. First, input the mg of CBD isolate infused with the butter. Then enter the number of portions you are dividing the rice krispies treats into. This will show you the amount of CBD in mg per portion. You can adjust and play with the calculator to find a potency you like prior to making the CBD rice krispies!