Weed-Infused Maple Syrup eh? Every Canadians favourite breakfast topping just got better, introducing weed-infused maple syrup! One of the tastiest edibles mediums we have made to date.
This weed recipe is very easy to make and doesn’t include a lot of ingredients at all. This article will feature 2 different methods of making weed-infused maple syrup. Now there is no excuse not to make it!
Here is the first method to making cannabis-infused maple syrup:
How to Make Cannabis Maple Syrup
- Double boiler
- Baking Sheet
- Tinfoil/ Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups Maple Syrup
- 3.5 – 7 Grams Ground Cannabis Bud
- Decarboxalte your cannabis first. On a baking sheet lined with tin foil, spread out ground up cannabis. Place in the oven for 30 – 60 minutes at 240F (115C)
- Set up the double boiler. Pour maple syrup into the top bowl and let it heat up until it hits 160F (71C).
- Once cannabis is decarboxylated, place it in a cheesecloth and tie it up into a bundle. (Make sure no cannabis can escape)
- Submerge cannabis cheesecloth bundle in the heated syrup for 1-2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- After the time is up remove the cheesecloth from the syrup. Squeeze out any remaining syrup from cheesecloth.
- Let the syrup cool before serving. Enjoy!
What is Decarboxylation:
This recipe needs the cannabis to be decarboxylated first. This process converts non-psychoactive chemicals to their psychoactive state. Which is THC-A converting to THC as well as CBD-A converting to CBD.
Here is a chart we made that you can reference for temperature and time!
Here is the second method to making cannabis-infused maple syrup:
How to Make Cannabis Maple Syrup With Cannabutter
The next recipe is perfect for those not looking to infuse their buds directly with the syrup. This method only requires two ingredients: Cannabis Butter and Maple Syrup. This means if you already have cannabis butter made, this recipe will be perfect for you!
This recipe is made to use right away to maintain its freshness. So make sure you make enough for whoever will be eating it!
If you don’t have cannabis butter or want to learn how to make it, you can read our comprehensive guide on it by clicking here!
- Cooking Pan
- Silicone Spatula
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Cannabis Butter
- Turn the stove on and set it to low heat.
- Melt the cannabutter gently over the low heat. Then mix in the 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- Heat gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir/ scrape the bottom of the pan constantly to prevent it from burning.
- Complete! Now you're ready to serve it! This is perfect to serve over fresh waffles, french toast, pancakes, or anything else you wish to use it with!
Potency Guide to Cannabis Maple Syrup
When it comes to homemade edibles, the potency of them is always the biggest question. This potency calculator will help you estimate the potency of the maple syrup you just made! Keep in mind, this is just a rough estimate.
Potency Calculator for Cannabis Maple Syrup (Method 1)
Potency Calculator (Method 2)
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to sign up to our mailing list! Awesome cannabis content sent straight to your inbox and don’t worry… we promise not to spam you! 🙂