How to make pot brownies! Also known under the names of cannabis brownies or weed brownies, are some of the most common edibles out there! An old-school recipe that has built up a reputation. This is the best weed brownie recipe that everyone needs to try!
Most people have heard the horror story’s of grandma eating the wrong brownies. It’s important you make sure that you keep these out of grandmas reach, and it’s especially important to keep these away from children! This brownie recipe is easy to make and should only take around an hour to complete!
Weed Frosting for Pot Brownies
This recipe has a special bonus attached to it, weed frosting! If the brownies themselves aren’t already potent enough. We’ve added the additional option to use weed frosting along with the brownies. This fun addition increases the potency and makes the brownies taste that much better!
Read the entire recipe to find out how to make Cannabis-Infused Frosting!
What You Need to Make Weed Brownies
Weed brownies have a relatively simple ingredient and equipment list. You should already have most of the items needed at home but there might be a few you will be missing.
There’s one ingredient that you probably won’t find in your kitchen or the grocery store. This is cannabis-infused butter.
You’re going to need cannabis butter to make this recipe. We have our own comprehensive guide to making cannabis butter here and there’s also a dosage calculator that can help you determine the potency of your brownies!
- Square Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis-Infused Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Minced Mint Leaves *Optional: Add finely minced mint leaves to the batter to offset cannabis flavour.*
- 3 Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Butter "Softened"
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). With cooking spray grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan melt, 1/2 Cup of Cannabis-Infused Butter. Once melted remove from heat, stir in the 1 Cup of Sugar, 2 Eggs, and 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Beat in 1/3 Cup of Cocoa, 1/2 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, Salt, and Baking Powder. Spread batter into prepared 8-inch pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Let the brownies cool for 5 minutes. Bon appetite! You can now enjoy some delicious weed brownies!
How to Make Weed Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 Tablespoon of Cannabis-Infused Butter (Softened), 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa, 1 Tablespoon of Honey, 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract, and 1 Cup of Confectioners' Sugar.
- Stir until smooth. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
Potency guide to pot brownies
If you’re going to use cannabis butter in both the brownies & the icing, be sure to check out this potency calculator! It will auto-update to tell you the potency of THC / serving. This will help you dose the brownies so you’re sure not to take to much. Remember, always start small.
When it comes to the potency of your homemade edibles, it’s hard to determine just how potent they really are. We have created a dosage calculator to help estimate the potency of the homemade pot brownies. To get an accurate measurement, you will need to know the potency of the cannabutter first. You can find the dosage calculator for the cannabutter at the bottom of that recipe – click here to find that calculator.
Once you know the potency of your cannabutter, you can input it into this dosage calculator below. Keep in mind, this is just a rough estimate. Also if you make an error in the calculation at the start, it will carry through until the end.
How to Dose Pot Brownies
When it comes to cannabis edibles, there is always uncertainty when it comes to how much of the edible you actually need to eat. The best way to dose cannabis edibles is to start small. In the case of this recipe, the brownies are split into 16 servings. Take 1/4 (25%) of a serving and wait up to 90-120 minutes (1.5 – 2 hours). Keep taking these small portions until you find the correct dosage for you. Everyone’s size and preference will be different so discover your personal amount needed!
After you understand how much of a brownie you need, reference this point for future use. Then you will know exactly how much you need for the next time moving forward.