Weed Glazed Donuts! Are you kidding me? The munchies won’t stand a chance when the cannabis is the munchie! Weed glazed donuts are super delicious, and allow you to infuse in the donut itself as well as the glaze. This allows you to make the donuts more potent than some other edible recipes.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
Before you begin making cannabis donuts there are a few things you’re going to need. These ingredients are cannabis-infused milk and cannabis butter. You don’t need both but you’re definitely going to need at least 1.
Weed Glazed Donuts Recipe
Weed glazed donuts
- Stand mixer
- Donut cutter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cannabis milk
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, heat the cannabis milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Add in the yeast and give it gentle stir. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes or until there is some foam on top.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, beat together the yeast mixture, the eggs, butter, sugar and salt until combined. Add in about half of the flour and mix until combined. Add in the remaining flour and mix until combined. If the dough is too wet to handle, add in flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover the bowl with a towel, and leave it in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- When the dough is done rising, pour it onto a well-floured surface and roll it to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut the donuts with a donut cutter. Save the donut holes. Knead scraps together, being careful not to overwork the dough, and repeat the process of rolling it out and cutting the donuts.
- Place the cut donuts on parchment paper, leaving room to rise between each one. Cover the donuts with a kitchen towel and let them rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until they are puffed up.
- About 15 minutes before the donuts are done rising, heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy-bottomed pot to 375°F/190°C. Place cooling racks on top of sheets of paper towels parchment paper, or line plates with paper towels.
- When the donuts are ready and the oil is hot, carefully add the donuts to the oil, a few at a time without overcrowding your deep-fryer or pot. When the bottom of the donuts are golden, about 45 seconds, flip the donuts over using a spatula. Cook until the other side is also golden. Donut holes will cook quicker. Remove donuts with a tong or slotted spatula, and place on the prepared racks or plates. Repeat with the remaining donuts, making sure to keep the oil at the right temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, milk and salt until smooth. If you prefer a thinner glaze on the donuts, add in more milk one teaspoon at a time.
- Place a cooling rack on top of paper towels or parchment paper for easy clean up. Dip one side of the fried donuts into the glaze. Flip the donut over using a fork. Carefully transfer the glazed donut to the prepared cooking rack. The glaze will slowly drip off the donuts as it sets. Repeat with remaining donuts.
Potency Guide to Weed Donuts
The strength of the weed donuts will depend on the potency of your cannabis-infused milk and cannabutter. Furthermore, we created a dosage calculator for both. These will help you estimate the potency of your homemade weed edibles.
The potency of homemade edibles is hard to determine. With the help of our dosage calculators, you can estimate the potency of the weed donuts. To get an accurate measurement, you will need to know the potency of the cannabis-infused milk and the potency of the cannabutter.
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis edibles at your disposal!
You can find the dosage calculator for the milk by clicking here and going to the bottom of the recipe – click here to find that calculator.
You can find the dosage calculator for the milk by clicking here and going to the bottom of that recipe – click here to find that calculator.
Once you know the potency of your cannabis-infused milk and cannabis-infused butter, you’re ready to input it into the dosage calculator found down below. Keep in mind though, this is just a rough estimate. If you make an error somewhere along the way your calculation is going to be way off by the end. One of the easiest ways to test the potency of your edibles is trying. Just make sure that you wait for at least 2 hours before eating another one. Sometimes edibles can take a while to kick in, and the last thing you want is to have an unenjoyable high.
Ryan is a content manager at thecannaschool.ca who has a background in economics. Ryan specializes in making cannabis edibles at home but loves to write about all things cannabis!