Weed firecrackers are one of the most common cannabis edible recipes. This is because of how simple the recipe is and how quickly they can be made. This recipe is great for people who are new to making cannabis edibles.
This post is going to go cover everything there is to know about making firecrackers. Furthermore, near the end of this post there is a potency calculator to help you find the potency of you firecrackers.
What are Weed Firecrackers
Weed firecrackers are a cannabis edible that is made at home. It is cannabis and peanut butter between two crackers.
Firecrackers are not an edible recipe renowned for their taste. Most edible recipes will require that you make an infused ingredient, like cannabis butter, and then use that ingredient in a recipe. Since firecrackers add plant matter directly to a recipe, they tend to be unpleasant. However, they certainly get the job done.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
There are only a few pieces of equipment required to make weed firecrackers. Here’s what you’re going to need:
- An oven
- Baking sheet
- A scale (for potency calculation)
Here are the ingredients you will need:
Weed Firecrackers Recipe
The most common way these are made is by pressing cannabis and peanut butter between two crackers, putting them in the oven for 20 minutes, and eating them. This will produce effects but it is definitely not optimal.
The step that is missed with most firecracker recipes is decarboxylation. Decarboxylation is the process of transforming the THC-A molecule into the psychoactive THC molecule which allows cannabis to become bioavailable. In other words, for cannabis to have an effect when consumed orally, we need to do this extra step.
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis edibles at your disposal!
- Aluminum Foil
- cannabis (Check the potency calculator near the bottom of this post to find out how much to use)
- 2 tsp peanut butter (some people like to use half peanut butter half Nutella)
- 2 saltine crackers
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or aluminum foil. Grind up however much cannabis you are using and spread it evenly on a baking tray. Once preheated, put this in the oven for 45 minutes. Take the cannabis out of the oven when it is done but leave the oven on.
- Spread 1 tsp of peanut butter on each of the saltine crackers. Try and spread this evenly around the saltine cracker.Weigh and add cannabis to one side of the cracker. If you're not sure how much to add, check the potency calculation section at the bottom of this post.Lightly press the two crackers together. Don't push too hard.Spread some more peanut butter on all the edges of the firecracker. This will hold everything together and prevent cannabis from falling off.
NutritionSodium: 63mgCalcium: 10mgSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 73mgCalories: 81kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 5gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 6gIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Post a picture on Instagram & tag @thecannaschool
Weed Firecrackers Potency Calculator
To find the potency of your firecrackers, you will first need to know the potency of your cannabis. If you don’t know this, it can be pretty tricky to find the potency of your edibles.
Once you know the potency of your cannabis, you will need to determine how potent you would like your edibles. Dosing edibles is a subjective topic. What some consider to be low doses others may consider being high doses and vice versa. The dosages we recommend here are tailored for someone who is new to cannabis edibles.
Dosage Type THC amount (mg) Very low dosage 5-10 Low dosage 10-20 Moderate dosage 25 High dosage 25-50 Very high dosage 50+
Once you know how potent you would like to make your firecrackers, use the calculator to help you reach your desired potency. Then, when you make them, weigh your cannabis and add the amount required to reach your desired potency.
Ryan is a content manager at thecannaschool.ca who has a background in economics. Ryan specializes in making cannabis edibles at home but loves to write about all things cannabis!