Weed Churros! Yes, you heard it right! This delicious edible dessert recipe is one of our favourites! It’s easy enough for beginners to make, but challenging enough for edible connoisseurs to put their baking skills to the test!
If you’re just skimming the article and saving the recipe for later, make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post. We have a dosage calculator made specifically for this recipe which will help you determine the potency of your weed edibles.
What You Are Going To Need:
This edible recipe requires the use of cannabis-infused cooking oil. We do not sell the cooking oil on our website, but we have already made comprehensive guides on how to easily make it yourself at home!
How to Make Weed Churros Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, two tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- add the cannabis coconut oil along with 1 cup of water to a pan on the stove over medium heat. Whisk constantly
- Once the water starts to boil, immediately pour it into the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar bowl. Blend this with an electric mixer until it's consistent. Add the vanilla extract and keep blending until the dough becomes smooth. Transfer the churro dough to a piping bag.
- Pour the quart of oil into a high-sided skillet and place it on the stove over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F. Squeeze out a 6-inch strip of churro dough directly into the oil and fry for about 2 minutes until the churros are golden brown.
- Once the churros are cooked, remove them from the oil using tongs onto a plate lined with paper towels.
- combine 4 cups of sugar and cinnamon in a large zip lock bag. set aside.
- Once the churros are cooked, let them cool down. Add the churros to the bag and shake lightly allowing the churros to be completely coated in the cinnamon sugar.
Weed Churros Potency Calculator
To find the potency of your weed churros, you’re going to need to know the potency of your cannabis-infused cooking oil! If you don’t know this, head over to our cannabis-cooking oil guide. Here we have a calculator at the bottom of the post that will help you determine the total mg of THC per cup.
Although this recipe calls for 1/4 cup of cannabis-infused oil, please only type the total mg of THC in 1 cup of your oil. This calculator has been programmed specifically for this recipe and it will make the correct calculation automatically.
Keep in mind, this is just a rough estimate and the potency will differ from person to person.
Jake Randall is a journalist, author, and student with expertise in all things cannabis (especially edibles), along with knowledge in economics, the environment, and everything in between. Originally from Canada, Jake has taken on the role of a senior cannabis correspondent at The Cannabis School.