Some of the most popular cannabis edibles out there are weed gummy worms. This quick and simple recipe is perfect for the beginner cannabis connoisseur. This article is going to cover every aspect of making weed gummy worms.
If you’re printing this recipe or just skimming this post, make sure to check out the potency calculator at the bottom. It will help you determine the total mg of THC per gummy worm.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need:
To make this recipe, you’re going to need cannabis-infused coconut oil. This is not an ingredient that you’ll find at the local supermarket, you’re going to need to make this at home. If you don’t know how to make cannabis-infused coconut oil, we have a comprehensive guide to making it here.
You’re also going to need a few more things:
- Cooking Pot
- Plain unflavored gelatine
- 1 pack of flavoured gelatin/jello mix (85g)
- Gummy worm moulds
- Citric acid
- Cannabis-infused coconut oil CBD or THC (refined coconut oil, solid at room temperature)
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis-infused coconut oil at your disposal!
Weed Gummy Worms Recipe
Weed Gummy Worms
- Cooking Pot
- Whisk or Fork
- Gummy Worm Moulds
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil (Refined coconut oil, solid at room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water (Can be substituted with juice)
- 85 Grams Packet of Flavoured Gelatine *One Jell-o Pack
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Unflavoured Gelatine (20 Grams)
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 1 cup Sugar (optional)
- Turn your stove on low heat. In a pot, add the water and the cannabis-infused coconut oil.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it has a consistent texture and the coconut oil has completely melted. Now, add in the flavoured gelatin, unflavoured gelatin, and citric acid while continuing to stir throughout this process.
- Whisk extensively on low heat for around 10-15 minutes or until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Make sure it does not come to a boil. You also need to make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. You have to continuously stir this mixture until it's done. If it starts to thicken it's most likely done.
- While leaving the pot on the element, start filling up the gummy worm moulds with a dropper (a dropper is a mini turkey baster that comes with most gummy bear moulds). Make sure to move quickly. If your liquid starts to harden, it's because the mixture has started to cool. It's critical that you move fast otherwise the mixture will be hard to work with. (The secret to making great infused gummy worms is pouring the mixture into the moulds as fast as possible.)
- Put the gummy wrom moulds into the freezer for 20-25 minutes. (Pro tip: lift the mould 2 inches off the table and drop it. This will let the mixture fill any air pockets.)
- (optional) After the gummy worms are done cooling, roll them in sugar. This helps to cover up the taste of cannabis.
- Bon Appetite!
Weed Gummy Worms Potency Calculator
To find the potency of your gummy worms, you’re first going to have to know the potency of your cannabis-infused coconut oil. If you don’t already know this, head over to our canna-oil guide. We have a calculator at the bottom that post that will help you estimate.
Although this recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of coconut oil, please enter the total mg of THC in 1 cup of your oil. This calculator has been programmed specifically for this recipe & it will make the correct calculation.
If you would like to make this recipe with extracts or concentrates, check out this video:
Ryan is a content manager at thecannaschool.ca who has a background in economics. Ryan specializes in making cannabis edibles at home but loves to write about all things cannabis!