Everyone loves candy, especially when its weed candy! Next time you have the munchies, the snacks will be the weed! Introducing cannabis-infused hard candy, a simple edible recipe that tastes great and gets the job done!
This recipe is great for someone wanting to make there own cannabis-infused hard candies! This is almost the same as making weed lollipops but now it’s without the sticks.
Also, the great thing about this recipe is you can fully customize it to fit your preferences! If you want a certain flavour you can adjust the recipe to fit it! If you want to make the candy a certain shape or size, just buy the mould of your choosing!
What You Need to Make Weed Candy
There are a few items you will need to be able to make these awesome candies! The main ingredient being cannabis tincture which you most likely won’t already have at your disposal. Weed tincture is a potent cannabis extract that is sometimes alcohol-based. This can be infused into the candies to create great-tasting and potent weed edibles.
If you don’t know what weed tinctures are or want to learn how to make it, click here to read our comprehensive recipe guide on cannabis tinctures.
Infusion Machines Make Edibles For You!
Decarboxylating and infusing your cannabis edibles can take a lot of time and effort. Luckily, there are great infusion devices to make this process as easy and seamless as possible. Cannabis-infusion machines are countertop devices that decarboxylate and infuse your butter, oils, and other ingredients for you. With just a few clicks you will have cannabis edibles at your disposal!
Weed Candy Edible Recipe
- Candy Thermometer
- Candy Molds
- Stir Stick
- 1 Cup Natural Sugar You can use organic if that is your preference.
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup You can use organic if that is your preference
- 1/4 Cup Filtered Water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter To grease the pan before so the mixture does not stick
- 1 Tablespoon Citrus Flavouring Choose whatever flavour you desire
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons Cannabis Tincture
- 1 – 4 Drops Food Colouring Choose the colour you would like!
- First, grease the saucepan with the tablespoon of butter. Then add the sugar, corn syrup, and filtered water to the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add drops of food colouring now.
- Bring the mixture to boiling. Once boiling insert the candy thermometer and bring the temperature to 300 F.
- Once the temperature reaches 300 F, take the saucepan off the heat and let it cool to 250 F.
- At 250 F, stir in the cannabis tincture and the citrus flavouring.
- Very carefully pour the hot mixture into the molds that you have prepared.
- Let the candy cool down and harden in the molds for 30 – 60 minutes. Then wrap them in aluminum or parchment paper and put them in an air tight container!
- That's it! Enjoy your delicious weed candies.
Edible Potency Calculator
Edibles always depend on how strong they are and the potency of them. You could eat a ton of candies but if they aren’t potent, only a piece of one could do the same effects. Due to this its always a good practice to know the potency of your edibles. This will help you correctly dose them to ensure a smooth ride.
Here is a dosage calculator that will help you estimate just how potent your candies are! Remember, this will only work if you know the potency of the cannabis tincture being used in the recipe.
Jake Randall is a journalist, author, and student with expertise in all things cannabis (especially edibles), along with knowledge in economics, the environment, and everything in between. Originally from Canada, Jake has taken on the role of a senior cannabis correspondent at The Cannabis School.